Recently we here at UrbanWorkSpace held our first networking event. The event went well and we plan on doing more in the future. We decided to host a networking event for a variety of reasons.
The main reason we decided to host the event was to give our tenants a platform to communicate with each other and promote their respective businesses.
More and more businesses are hosting networking events and there are many reasons why you should to!
Here are 10 reasons to network:
- A great way to promote your business/products to a new consumer base and source potential clients.
- A way to build up your professional network with new people.
- Communicate with people in different fields of business.
- Gain new contacts from different professions that could be useful to your business moving forward.
- Learn new trends and helpful tips from other professionals.
- Find future employees or employers.
- Advertise yourself or your business by handing out leaflets and business cards getting you name out there!
- New way to give people an in person demonstration or sales pitch of what your business does in your own words.
- Reach people you may not have reached through other means.
- Network with people from around the country.
All points from the above list will help improve your business whether you are a start up business or a major brand, it’s always advantageous to attend professional networking events held in or out of your career field.
Follow @Urban_WorkSpace on twitter and stay tuned to this blog for creative office ideas and affordable office space in Birmingham, UK.